Everyone likes to have their home smell fresh and clean, but finding a suitable air freshener can be tricky – especially with cats. Some air fresheners contain chemicals harmful to our feline friends. So, choosing one that is safe for them can be a chore.
These air fresheners are all safe for use around cats, and customers all highly rate them. But you know your cat can sometimes leave behind nasty smells. So, we’ve listed some of the best, safe-for-your-cat air fresheners on the market.
Best Air Fresheners for That Funky Cat Smell
What do we mean by funky cat smell? If you have a cat or cats, you know your house can start smelling like animals. Cats may clean themselves, but you must remember they use their saliva to bathe. That can lead to a funky stink in their beds, crates, and wherever they may rest, not to mention their litter box. Next, we’ll get to some fresheners, especially for their litter boxes.
Febreze Air Freshener Pet Odor Fighter
Febreze Air Freshener Pet Odor Fighter is a specially formulated air freshener for pet owners. This product is relatively affordable. In addition, this product eliminates odors without masking them and is twice as strong in fighting foul odors than regular Febreze.
- This product has a great price
- You get three cans.
- It is precisely for pet odors.
- This product eliminates odors but doesn’t mask them.
- This spray work two times harder than regular Febreze products.
- The nozzle might stop working
Fresh Wave Odor Removing Spray
Fresh Wave Odor Removing Spray is made from all-natural ingredients, including water, lime, pine needles, aniseed, clove, and cedarwood. It smells great and does an excellent job of eliminating cat smells. Fresh Wave Odor Removing Spray is perfect if you want an air freshener that contains no harsh chemicals. It uses natural ingredients so you can use it, and it won’t harm your cats.
Some pet parents are also sensitive to fragrances and prone to getting headaches. The Fresh Wave Odor Removing Spray is perfect if this sounds like you. It’s fragrance-free but removes cat urine odor perfectly.
- Formulated with no chemicals, synthetic perfumes, alcohol, or phthalates
- 100% free of toxic chemicals and fake fragrances
- Removes foul cat odors at the source
- Some people may not like the scent.
- Complaints that the scent was either not strong enough or too strong.
Best Air Fresheners for Cat Litter Boxes
We all know that the smelliest part of being a cat parent is their litter box. The sprays below are all formulated to work on that nasty cat box smell between cleanings.
Nature’s Miracle Just for Cats Odor Spray
Nature’s Miracle Just for Cats Odor Spray is a specific cat spray. It’s a three-in-one spray because it works in the air, on fabrics, and hard surfaces. Nature’s Miracle eliminates odors by destroying them and leaving a pleasant lavender scent behind. It can safely be used around your cat’s litter box and will remove any embedded odors.
- This product is made for cats.
- Works on multiple surfaces.
- Lavender scented
- Safe to use with litter boxes
- Some don’t find it works as well as other Nature’s Miracle products
Zero Odor Pet Odor Eliminator Spray
This non-toxic and odorless product is a true odor eliminator that removes pet odors entirely and permanently at the source. That makes it ideal for pet parents who want their homes to smell fresh. It’s proven powerful enough to fight the strong smell of cat odors, yet it’s odorless and contains no harsh chemicals.
This product is perfect for a pet house and homes with multiple cats. The eliminator spray leaves no scent behind when used on pet beds, carpets, furniture, and even areas around the cat litter box.
- Made with powerful ingredients and a patented formula that destroys odors at the source
- Odorless, non-toxic, and biodegradable
- Removes cat urine odors on carpet, leather, fabric, and in the air
- Permanently eliminates pet odors, making it ideal for multi-pet households
Best Air Fresheners to Kill Bacteria and Other Nasties
These sprays are good for when you, your family, or yes, even your cat have been sick. They are formulated to kill germs, bacteria, and viruses. Most of the time, your cat can’t get sick from you, but there are times when this can happen. It happened to us with our cats a few years back. So, it’s always good to have something that will kill those nasty things and help keep you and your cat healthy.
OdoBan Disinfectant Fabric & Air Freshener Spray
OdoBan Disinfectant Fabric & Air Freshener Spray has a fresh eucalyptus scent. This affordable disinfectant air freshener spray eliminates unwanted pet odor and kills 99.9% of germs and viruses. OdoBan Disinfectant Fabric & Air Freshener Spray is a heavy-duty air freshener that ensures a clean and safe space for you and your pets. In addition, it’s carefully formulated to eliminate animal viruses such as avian influenza, canine distemper, pseudorabies, and virulent Newcastle disease.
The spray can also kill human viruses such as HIV-1 and herpes simplex type 2 in just one minute when used as directed. You get all these benefits by spending less than five bucks.
- Removes unpleasant odors caused by pet messes.
- Cleans and disinfects sanitizes, and deodorizes pre-cleaned household surfaces.
- Kills 99.9% of germs and infectious diseases from animal and human viruses.
- No diluting or mixing is needed – it’s ready to use.
- Leaves a fresh eucalyptus scent with no strong chemical smell.
- Some might not like the smell.
- Complaints of receiving leaking bottles
POOPH instantly dismantles odors on a molecular level, so they are gone permanently. This spray is one hundred percent safe for people and pets. It eliminates odors that cause pets to urinate in the same spot over and over. Pooph is made from a blend of minerals and is fragrance-free. Pooph works on any organic odor, so it works much more than pet odors as long as this spray can reach the source of the smell. The Pooph formula has been used in North America’s top municipal waste management facilities for over ten years. You can even use this directly on your pets. Popph recommends spraying it on a soft towel and wiping down your pet.
- There are three different sprays one for stain and odor elimination, one for laundry, and another to use with the litter box.
- No VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) or HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants)
- It can be used directly on your cat.
- The sprayers are poor quality and won’t work.
You can use air fresheners around your cats. However, you should make sure the product you use is a pet-safe product. The products listed above are the best made either specifically for cats or safe for pets of all kinds. However, you should always ensure your cat doesn’t have issues with the product you’ve bought. Every cat is unique and may have an allergy to something that is supposed to be safe. So how does our list of air fresheners hold up? Do you have something you use that is different from this list? If so, let us know. Leave any questions or comment below.