5 Best Pet Hair Dryers For Cats
As any cat or dog owner will rightly know that grooming your pet can be a challenge but it’s something that needs to be done.
Grooming your cat is even more of a challenge than a dog. Cats just don’t like to stand still for long and will often try to run away when they hear loud noises.
As the lucky owner of a Persian cat, I’ve had my trials and tribulations grooming my Persian cat. One of the most difficult tasks is actually drying your cat.
Any long-haired cat or dog owner will know it can take an age to dry your pet with a conventional human hair dryer. Not only that but the noise will certainly scare your cat.
In this post, I’m going to look at the best pet hair dryers that will not only be more efficient but will save you time and hassle when drying your cat. Hopefully, this will stop you both dreading the situation!
#1 Best Overall Cat Hair Dryer: Go Pet Club Pet Dryer
#2 Best Budget Cat Hair Dryer: CHAOLUN High Velocity Pet Hair Dryer
#3 Best 2-in-1 Pet Hair Dryer: YOUTHINK Pet Hair Dryer
#4 Best Hair Dryer with Useful Nozzle Attachments: Free Paws Pet Dryer Dog Cat Hair Blower
#5 Best High Velocity Hair Dryer: Flying Pig Pet Dryer
Before we look at the best pet hair dryers on the market, let’s address some FAQs.
What is a Pet Hair dryer?
Pet hair dryers are nothing new. Even though they’ve been around for a while, they’re often reserved for professional groomers. There’s a reason professionals don’t use a human hair dryer as they’re just not very good at drying a pet’s fur. This is also true for clippers, you need professional-grade equipment.
In short, a pet hair dryer is a more powerful, quieter, robust version of the human hair dryer. Not only do they have better temperature control and a range of different speeds, they are also designed to dry thicker more course pet hair.
Do I Need a Pet Hair Dryer?
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide if you need a pet hair dryer. If you have a long-haired cat, such as a Persian, Maine Coon or Ragdoll, then it makes sense to purchase a hair dryer if you groom your cat yourself, as many of us do.
Although a household hair dryer may seem like a great alternative it’s not worth the hassle, trust me I’ve tried it.
Are Pet Hair Dryers Safe?
The next question many cat owners ask is, “are pet hair dryers safe?” This is a completely valid question and something you should consider before purchasing a cat hair dryer. After all, none of us want to accidentally harm our pets.
Overall, pet hair dryers are completely safe. Of course, it is important to do your research and select the best hair dryer for your cat. Luckily, you are already on the right track by reading this article.
When considering the safety of a pet hair dryer, look at the power and temperature settings. Make sure these are easily adjustable. Depending on your cat’s size, you won’t need to use an extremely high setting.
You should also keep a close eye on your cat and make sure they don’t try to chew on the hair dryer’s cord. Never leave the hair dryer out and plugged in when you are not supervising your cat.
All of the hair dryers we have included on this list are safe and great options for at-home grooming.
What Should I Consider Before Buying a Pet Hair Dryer?
Before buying your pet hairdryer, make sure you know what to look for. Think about your budget, time, and the power you need out of a hair dryer.
- Budget- One of the most important things to consider is your budget. How much are you willing to spend on a cat hairdryer? If you regularly take your cat to the groomers, an at-home pet hair dryer would be a good investment. Otherwise, you might not want to spend a ton of money on a professional-grade hair dryer. Think about what is right for your budget.
- Time- If you are used to drying your cat’s hair with a traditional human hair dryer, using a pet hair dryer will help you save time. So, if you are unsure if this is a good investment, consider how much time you could save with a high-quality cat hair dryer.
- Power- When you are ready to look at specific hair dryers, one of the things you will notice is the power levels. Each hair dryer is equipped with a different motor that can be adjusted to different HP levels. Think about your cat’s hair and what amount of power you would need to dry it quickly and efficiently.
- Safety- Most importantly, you need to consider your cat’s safety. Temperature controls are a great way to ensure your cat will stay safe while you are using the hair dryer.
- Additional Features- Many cat hair dryers come with additional features, like noise controls, different nozzles, and combs. Consider if you are interested in these features before making your purchase.
How Can I Help My Cat Enjoy the Pet Hair Dryer?
It can be challenging to get your cat to accept the pet hair dryer. The hair dryers can be loud and scary for your cat. But, using a pet hair dryer is an important part of grooming. With time you can help your cat get used to the hair dryer.
- Give your cat time to get used to the hair dryer. Supervise your cat while she sniffs the hairdryer.
- When you are ready to use the hair dryer, start on a low setting. Let your cat get used to the airflow, temperature, and sound. It might take a while but be patient as they get comfortable.
- Reward your cat during and after the hair drying process. Give your cat treats, speak kind and soft words, and pet your cat to reward them.
- Be patient. We’ve said it a few times already but it is very important to be patient. Give your cat time to get used to the hair dryer. It might take them a few times, but soon they will enjoy the grooming process.
Pet Hair Dryers for Cats Reviewed
In this section, we will discuss the 5 best pet hair dryers for cats. We will look at the best overall cat hairdryer first, then rank the remaining four based on specific categories.
Each of these pet hairdryers is a safe, effective, and reliable option for your cat!
Best Overall Cat Hair Dryer: Go Pet Club Pet Dryer
The Go Pet Club Dog and Cat Pet Grooming Hair Dryer is one of the top pet hair dryers on the market. It’s a professional pet dryer designed for at-home use. With this hair dryer, you can give you cat a saloon grooming experience at home.
This hair dryer features a powerful 2400w motor with two adjustable speeds and two temperature control settings. Plus, the low noise output makes this a great overall option.
The airspeed ranges from 25 m/s to 50 m/s and temperature control ranges from 30c to 70c which allows you to dry your cat fast at the optimum temperature.
The hose is reinforced and puncture-resistant. This is very important when drying cats because they often try to attack the hose with their sharp claws.
- This hair dryer features a powerful motor with two adjustable speeds.
- There are two temperature control settings on this hair dryer.
- The hose is reinforced to prevent punctures by sharp claws.
- Some users complained that this hair dryer can get overheated.
- This hair dryer might not last as long as others on the market.
- Some customers noted a strong odor coming off the hair dryer.
Best Budget Cat Hair Dryer: CHAOLUN High Velocity Pet Hair Dryer
The CHAOLUN High Velocity Pet Hair Dryer is one of the best cheap hair dryers on the market. This hair dryer features an adjustable motor with speeds of 600W-2400W. The hair dryer also comes with a heat protector switch and temperature controls so you can ensure the safety of your cat.
Additionally, this hair dryer includes an insulated body that helps reduce noise. This will allow your cat to feel calmer around the hairdryer. There are multiple nozzle attachments available so you can adjust the airflow as needed.
The hairdryer is lightweight and portable, making it a great option if you often need to take the hairdryer on the go. Plus, it includes removable filters which make the cleaning process quick and easy.
- Includes multiple nozzles so you can adjust airflow.
- This is a lightweight option.
- This hair dryer includes temperature controls.
- Cats are often scared of the hairdryers and are prone to clawing or biting the power cord.
- This hair dryer does not include a brush.
- This is one of the more basic options, which isn’t always great for a professional groomer.
Best 2-in-1 Pet Hair Dryer: YOUTHINK Pet Hair Dryer
The YOUTHINK Pet Hair Dryer is a 2-in-1 hair dryer and comb. While you are drying your cat’s hair, you can also brush and groom their coat. The hair comb is made with stainless steel and is very comfortable for pets. It is easy to control and has good temperature distribution, so you don’t have to worry about hurting your cat.
This hair dryer is compact and portable, so you can take it with you if needed. Otherwise, its small design makes it very easy to store at home. It comes with temperature controls and a 300W motor. The hair dryer is very quiet overall.
The 2-in-1 hair dryer helps prevent tangles and mats in your cat’s fur. This is especially important for long-hair cats.
- This hair dryer also doubles as a comb.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- The hair dryer is relatively quiet.
- Some users complained that their pets were too scared of the product to make it effective.
- It is not as easy to control the temperature on this device as it is with other hair dryers.
- Some customers noted that it is louder than they were expecting.
Best Hair Dryer with Useful Nozzle Attachments: Free Paws Pet Dryer Dog Cat Hair Blower
The Free Paws pet hair dryer boasts an impressive list of stats and nozzle attachments, making it one of the best pet hair dryers on the market. The 4HP motor works on a range from 400w-3000w and is said to be very quiet in operation producing less than 62db. The hairdryer’s airflow speed is 25m/s-56m/s.
This hairdryer comes with a power lead that’s 2.5 FT long so this is ideal for drying your pet anywhere around the house or even out on the patio.
The hair dryer also comes with a 21 Holes Comb Nozzle that helps significantly reduce drying time. You will also get a grooming glove with your purchase, which you can use to de-shed your cat.
- Includes a 21 hole comb nozzle to help cut down on drying time.
- This comes with a grooming glove.
- This is a relatively quiet hairdryer.
- This is one of the more expensive hair dryers on the market.
- Some users complained the hairdryer didn’t get as hot as they wanted.
- On occasion, you might notice an odor coming from the hairdryer.
Best High Velocity Hair Dryer: Flying Pig Pet Dryer
The Flying One Pet Dryer is a product produced and developed by the Flying Pig Grooming Company. This pet dryer features a 1800W motor that produces up to 4HP.
Additionally, this hair dryer features multiple speeds. The temperature settings range from 27c to 71c, giving you a wide range of cooling options.
This is a very durable hairdryer that also comes with a 1-year warranty. Although this is one of the best hair dryers on the market, it is lower on our list because it is quite expensive when compared to its rivals.
- This hair dryer features a 1800W motor.
- You have a variety of temperature settings on this hairdryer.
- A 1-year warranty is included.
- Some users noted that it was challenging to keep the hose connected.
- This hairdryer can heat up quickly.
- A few users complained that the dryer wasn’t as powerful as they were expecting.
Ultimately, you get to decide if a cat hairdryer is right for you. I think a pet dryer is a worthy investment. Not only will it save you time and hassle, but it will also make the grooming experience more pleasant for your cat. Human hair dryers are generally too hot and don’t provide enough airflow to dry your cat fast. Bathing your Persian cat can be a stressful process for your cat so you don’t want to prolong this experience, otherwise, it will become a dreaded event.
All of the hairdryers we discussed in this post are great options. You need to select a hairdryer that is safe, reliable and fits your budget. After taking everything into consideration, I believe the Go Pet Club Pet Dryer is the best option. It has a powerful motor and good temperature controls.
We hope this post helped you as you pick the pet hair dryer for your cat. Do you use a pet dryer for your Persian cat? Do you find that it saves you time and effort? Let us know in the comments below!